Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Peoples' stories

I have just re-realized something that I had forgotten, and that I think I need to keep in mind much more than I do.

We all have our stories, we all have our struggles, we all have our baggage. I often forget, when I am meeting new people, that they, just like me, have struggled in their lives. I am not the only one with "problems". I am not the only one with scars.

No matter how much another person seems to have it all together, they dont. No one does. That would make that person perfect, right? And since none of us can be, it cant be true. We all have so much more in common than I remember until I meet someone new who shows me those scars and reminds me... I need to remember this when I see someone who I envy for one reason or another, or someone who is so angry at the world that they seem unapproachable or rough or whatever...

I just wanted to write it down, as a reminder to myself and anyone else who might need to be reminded of it too.

2 comments:

h west said...

You must have forgotten that I'm perfect. Oops! You'll never do that again. . .and yes, I must see this acupucturist and one of my bucket list items is to go visit Orthodox churches in Japan.

Suz said...

OK OK, with one exception! ha!